01 Aug How to Pick a Tour Partner
As a EXP, picking a tour partner can be a challenge. Whether you are being paired with this individual by the agency, or you have previously worked with this individual, how do you ensure you pick a tour partner that embodies everything you will bring to a tour? More importantly, how do you identify a bad tour partner? Well, I break it all down here, and provide you with a FREE list down below you can use to assist you in identifying characteristics of a bad tour partner.
The Positive Signs to Look For
1. Make sure they have a great work ethic.
- Ability to stay on task
- Arrive on time
- Professional and dependable
2. Someone who is well-versed, and has experience managing and executing tours or serving in a management role. If you do not have tour experience, then picking a partner who does is important because they will teach you how to successfully execute a tour and equip you with all the tools you need.
- Willingness to adapt
- Doesn’t mind assisting with setup and breakdown
- Will step in and fulfill roles as needed
- Not afraid to engage with all types of consumers
The Negative Signs to Avoid
3. Someone who has any addictions or mental illnesses.
- Suffering from drug or alcohol abuse
- Unwilling to get help and believes that being on tour is the answer to solving their issues
- Engages in acts which would be deemed as sexual harassment/assault
- Thinks that they are above the law and can continue to engage in unprofessional acts
Still having trouble picking the best tour partner? Well, I have compiled a list for you to use when choosing the best tour partner. If you are considering executing a tour with someone who possesses any of the characteristics above or on this FREE DOWNLOAD below… then you should think twice as it could present unnecessary stress.
Be sure to support my YouTube Channel by helping me reach 1000 subscribers so that I can monetize my content. Simply click here.