14 Feb Mixing Business with Pleasure
In honor of Valentine’s Day, I wanted to discuss dating. Whether you are dating outside of the Experiential Marketing industry, or you’ve chosen to date a fellow EXP, mixing business with pleasure may result in bliss or chaos. I elaborate on dating as a EXP in my book You Do What? However, I wanted to provide you with a quick list to determine if a relationship or the person you’re dating is NOT for you.
7 Things To Watch Out For
- If you’re in a long-distance relationship, and he or she is constantly calling you, or keeping tabs on every social media posts as well as location.
- If he or she is constantly stirring up issues with fellow EXP’s and it affects your ability to perform assigned job duties.
- If he or she plays the avoidance game and always finds a way to deviate from talking or dealing with the issues at hand.
- If their extracurricular activities with another EXP have become a topic of discussion, or if your relationship issues are being discussed amongst other industry professionals.
- When he or she begins seeking future opportunities, such as tour or management roles, and you’re not included in any of the conversations.
- If he or she is verbally, mentally, or physically abusive. Keep your health and safety a top priority!
- When he or she is telling you one thing and you are physically seeing the opposite.
No Relationship Is Perfect
No relationship is perfect, but every relationship—whether you’re in the industry or not—should be one in which both parties are respected and mutually benefit. If not, then it may be time to explore other options. Be sure to view my past blog post on relationships HERE, as well as my YouTube video that both Terrio and I did where we discuss dating as an EXP in greater detail!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, T & I discuss dating as an EXP in greater detail. Whether you are dating outside of the Experiential Marketing industry, or you’ve chosen to date a fellow EXP, mixing business with pleasure may result in bliss or chaos!