Tax Time? Understanding Tax Season as a EXP
April 15th is right around the corner which means time is almost up to file your taxes. Yes I know itemizing all of your expenses, waiting for 1099’s and W-2’s from Experiential Marketing and staffing agencies, and finding a reputable tax preparer to assist you (if you are unfamiliar with filing taxes) can be tough. In a recent pop-up interview, I had the opportunity to speak with certified CPA Tony Hoong. Be sure to check out the video down at the bottom of this blog post. He broke down the best practices to implement as an independent contractor, and answered so many questions. Some of which include:
- How to file your taxes if you have a mix of 1099 and W-2’s?
- What deductions qualify as write offs for independent contractors?
- The advantages of starting an LLC as an independent contractor.
- Tips/resources for EXP’s who may want to file their own taxes.
- What questions to ask before hiring a CPA or tax professional?
- If you are looking to buy your first home or investment property, what are some things to be mindful of when filing taxes?
This video is a must see for anyone working in the Experiential Marketing industry! Be sure to check the description tab of the video for all of the free resources. If you are still looking for someone to file your taxes, or you have questions about filing for 2019, I have included Tony’s contact information below.
Call / Text: 507-573-2095
Mention “EXP Elite” and take $50.00 off any of Tony’s tax services.